Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Learning Process Begins

          Our first project of the marking period was a drawing. We were instructed to bring in a pair of our own shoes to act as a display for others as well as ourselves if we so choosed. The dozens of pairs were placed in the middle of our tables to act as a model. We had to zoom into a specific spot that we thought was interesting, draw it, shade it, and add a splash of color. I choose a pile of baby shoes since I couldn't get over how adorable they were. The drawing wasn't the hard part for me since I enjoy drawing, but the shading was another story. I have shaded my drawings before but not to make them look three dimensional, even though that usually is the purpose of shading. Towards the finished product I finally got the hang of it and understood the concept. I went back and adjusted what I could. I added red as the color of my choice since the lady bug shoes stood out the most to me even though they were partially hidden. I'm proud of my finished product not because it was perfect but because I learned a new valuable skill that I can use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment