Friday, January 18, 2013

“But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart."

Self Portrait Blind Contours.

     This was something purely knew to me. The idea of an art project coming out good without looking at your drawing while it is being drawn did not seem plausible. I went through so many sheets of paper trying to get it to look somewhat human when I realized it just is not possible for me. I accepted the fact and started on the final copy of paper. I did two sheets of this. One was a full sheet of just one contour and the other one had numerous one's all over the page. I just started painting with watercolors to practice on the one that had mulitple drawings on it so I could get a feeling of what I wanted to do. I ended up liking it when it dried and used that one for my final copy. I plugged in my ipod and just let my hands go. It's coming out well and I already like it (which is unusual). I've noticed i've been becoming more accepting to things that are not perfect when it comes to my work. Who has set the standard for perfect? No one but myself and it is so unneccessary! On this page that will become one of my book pages I have included tidbits of information about myself. Also, I am expressing how I see myself through the painting as well. I am excited to see the final product. Here is what I have so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment