Friday, January 18, 2013

"There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures."

Cut Paper Laterns, My My My.
 This began as such an awsome project. I had a great idea for a holiday decoration. I found pictures online and I transferred them onto the paper we had to use. Then I realized I had to make it so the whole picture wouldn't fall out when I cut it with the exacto knife.
  ~And the fun began.
This part was very frustrating for me and I winded up kinda just going with the flow. Another challenging part was figuring out what to do with all of the empty space. My latern was about eight by ten and two of them. I want to put skewers on the ends so it can fold up and I can store it without taking up a whole lotta room. In the house I remember as my first, our fireplace was right inbetween two windows. Whenever it would get cold outside and we would light it the windows would fog up symmertically. It was an extoinardary sight everytime. It was a must for this project, it gives it a nice homey feel to me. We had to pick a season and I picked winter and narrowed it down to the Christmas season since I love the festivities. I am still not completey finished this project but I will finish it on Tuesday. =] I took it home over winter break to work on it and stuck it in a drawer to keep it safe from my cats and dogs and dontcha know, Murphy's Law, it ripped my Christmas tree. It wasn't that bad but it just figured. I wasn't having the greatest day when I discovered that and it continued to be that kind of day when I dropped the exacto knife and didn't realize it landed blade up on my lap so when I went to grab it I ended up getting stabbed. ~Just one of those day's when you have to laugh it off~ That day made it very easy for my procrastonation to get the best of me. Therefore I finished cutting it out yesterday and I got the glue dots and tracing paper on it today (FINALLY).
Overall, I think it is turning out really well considering all the delimma's it seems to have brought me. But then again, “Life is a continous exercise in creative probem solving."

I will post an updated picture when I am completely finished but until then here is what I have done so far :

~Dear Ms. Kiick, for some reason Blogger is not letting me upload photos... I've been trying for the past hour and a half...=[

No comments:

Post a Comment